Schengen Area and Schengen Visas

The Schengen area is composed by the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Citizens of the European Union, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Romania and Switzerland need only an identity card to enter Portugal.
In addition to their identity card, minors must also present authorization from their parents to travel.
For visits of less than 90 days, a passport valid for at least three months after the end of their stay is necessary for visitors from Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, Special Administrative Regions of the People’s Republic of China in Hong Kong and Macao and Taiwan territorial Authority.
Citizens from countries not mentioned above need a visa to enter Portugal, which may be requested at the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate of their country for stays of up to 90 days.

In order to transpose the external borders of the Schengen area, according to the current Legislation (Visa Code), the citizens of the following need a VISA.

Under the terms of the Convention Implementing the Schengen Agreement, flights between Schengen states are considered to be internal flights and passengers do not need to obtain another visa.

Related links:
If you need a formal invitation letter, please download, fill and e-mail these two forms to ende2016@lx.it.pt. The forms shall be returned to you as soon as possible with the local committee signature and the institutional stamp. The documents will be sent by e-mail and mail.
We suggest that you fill these documents and return them to us before July 31, 2016, because the university will be closed during the first two weeks of August (1st – 15th).
If you need another type of document to apply for your Visa, please let us know as soon as possible.